Thursday, October 30, 2008

Dinosaurs, cavegirls and other prehistoric figures

Reaper's 28mm (probably 30mm) Jungle Girl

I have just come across an excellent resource for those looking for prehistoric wargames figures.

Mr Pugh (whilst having execrable taste in music) has put together the definitive lists of manufacturers of prehistoric miniatures in all wargaming sizes (that is 28mm or less). I found it whilst looking for more Jungle Girl miniatures where I discovered another Reaper figure (this time a 28mm cavegirl and sabretooth).

Oddly, they call it a Jungle Girl not a cavegirl which just adds more confusion to the classification of women in animal skin bikinis. She has an authentic (if overscale) stone-tipped spear and nothing about her says "modern" so to me she is undoubtedly a cavegirl. As a figure, sadly, she isn't brilliant, suffering from big head and big hand syndrome but I have to say that she has beautifully rendered toes, if you are into that part of a cavegirl's anatomy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link. I'm glad you found my site useful.

    I shall ignore the dig at my musical preferences as I'm not sure the blog "Cavegirls in Fur Bikinis" should pass judgement on any matters of taste! ;-)

    ReplyDelete